We teach teens to give 10% of all the money they receive in paychecks and gifts as part of a wholesome money management approach. It’s part of a whole program that we call the Mark of a Masterful Money Mind and Heart.
When your money habits and your money mind are working so well that Giving is planned and implemented, THEN you are set up to fund your life dreams AND make a difference in the world in ways that matter to you.
THEN we say you have developed a masterful money mind and heart.
Through Giving 10% to Heal the World, we teach our teens to
- Explore the experience of knowing themselves as part of the whole of humankind.
- Remember, always, that wealth building is not a competitive, individualistic competitive sport; rather, wealth is a tool that makes great things possible.
- Lead the way to a world in which we take care of each other and our planet with love, compassion, and responsibility.
- Lead the way to creating a world that works for everyone.
- Leave behind the idea that our youth is a disempowered group of people who can’t or don’t care or make a difference.
- Prove to themselves and the rest of the world that each of us matters, that we all have the power to change the world, and that this mindset is more than an idea—it’s the accumulation of a life of many, many small steps toward a great vision…
- Practice the power and humility of taking responsibility for the greater good of humanity.
- Live well.
- Be extraordinary parents– giving the world a generation of people committed to creating a cooperative world that works for everyone.
This is why we raise teens with great money habits and attitudes.
One tool you can use to make money matter to your teen is the WealthQuest for Teens Online Video and Workbook. It’s narrated by and for teens, engaging, interactive, convenient, affordable, and effective.
© WealthQuest for Teens, Ltd., 2012 All rights reserved worldwide.